General Election: Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2022
Early Voting: From October 29 to November 6
- Click for Early Voting Dates, Hours, Locations and FAQs
- Click to help find your polling place for voting on November 8
- Download a Voter Registration Form
- Descargar Formulario De Registro De Votantes (Spanish)
Voter Registration Information for the November 8 General Election
- October 14, 2022 is the last day to postmark voter registration application for the November 8 General Election, which MUST be received at Westchester County Board of Elections by October 19, 2022.
- October 14, 2022 is the last day to register in person to be eligible for the November 8 General Election.
- October 19, 2022 is the last day to receive change of address. Use a voter registration form for change of address.
How and Where to Register to Vote
- Register in person at the Westchester County Board of Elections, White Plains.
- Submit your voter application form at the Department of Motor Vehicles, either in person or on their web site if you already have DMV-issued identification.
- Request a NYS Voter Registration form by mail by entering your name directly into the NYS mailing list database.
- Call the 1-800-FOR-VOTE (1-800-367-8683) hotline to request a voter application.
- Registration deadline: The last day to register to vote for the Nov. 3 General Election is Oct. 9, 2020 in person or by postmark.
- Change of Address deadline: Any change of address (within Westchester County) must be received by Oct.14, 2020.
- Early Voting: Will be held on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2020 through Sunday, Nov.1, 2020. (Early voting locations will be posted shortly.)
- General Election Day: The Polls will be open on General Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Absentee Ballot Information for the November 8 General Election
- October 24, 2022 is the last day for the Westchester Board of Elections to receive an application, letter, fax, email or absentee online portal request for the November 8 General Election ballot.
- November 7 is the last day for an applicant or agent to apply in person at the Board of Elections for the November General Election absentee ballot.
- November 8 is the last day to postmark the General Election absentee ballot by mail. The ballot must be received by the Board of Elections no later than November 15 (7 days).
- November 8 is the last day to deliver the General Election absentee ballot in person to the Board of Elections or at any poll site throughout the county, by the close of the polls on election day.
Due to a recent change in law, New York State voters are no longer permitted to cast a ballot on a voting machine if they have already been issued an absentee ballot for that election. Voters who have already been issued an absentee ballot can still vote in person using an affidavit ballot. The affidavit ballot will be kept separate until the election is completed. Election officials will verify whether the voter’s absentee ballot has been received. If the voter’s absentee ballot has been received, the affidavit ballot will not be counted. If the voter’s absentee ballot has not been received, the affidavit ballot will be counted.
VOTER INFO QUESTIONS?
The Westchester County Board of Elections can address all of your questions regarding voter registration, absentee ballot applications and receiving of ballots, change of address, etc. Contact: 914-995-5700 or go to the Westchester Board of Elections Website.