Absentee Ballot Voting Available for all Registered Voters in June 23rd Primary Election
Due to Covid-19, Governor Cuomo has issued an executive order allowing all voters easier access to the absentee ballot process for the June 23rd primary. He also announced that the various County Board of Elections would be sending all registered New York State voters a postage-paid absentee ballot application. By returning an absentee ballot application to the Westchester County Board of Elections, registered voters will receive a Primary Election ballot that will enable them to vote by mail. You can also download an absentee ballot application and instructions for its completion by clicking on the button below. Each registered voter must submit a separate absentee ballot application.
Key Information to Protect Your Family from COVID-19
Our country and our county are facing the unprecedented challenge of the highly contagious COVID-19.
Updates can by found on my governmental website and the NYS Department of Health website which is updated daily. The DOH site contains updates and several fact sheets for how to limit the spread of the disease and what to do if you are experiencing symptoms.
If you believe you have been exposed, you should contact your primary care physician who can refer you for testing. Expanded testing opportunities are being made available with testing requests prioritized according to DOH criteria. To see if you qualify for testing, contact either your primary care provider or the State hotline at 888-364-3065.
Important hotline numbers are:
- People under self-quarantine or exposure to known case: (866) 588-0195
- NYS Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline: (888) 364-3065 (24/7)
- Westchester County COVID-19 Information: Call 211
You may also access the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html and the NYS website https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home
I am working with local officials, school districts and state agencies to address the issues that arise in this evolving challenge to our nation. Please contact me if I can be helpful and please follow the latest public health advisories found on the NYS Department of Health website.
Statement of Steve Otis on his run for re-election to the NYS Assembly, District 91. April 9, 2020.
“I am running for re-election on my record of solid performance and effectiveness as an Assemblyman delivering results in every aspect of the job.
- Strong results on issues and funding of importance to every community and school district I represent.
- Strong record of accomplishment on statewide issues, most notably creation of a new clean water grant program for municipalities, the Water Infrastructure Improvement Act of 2015, which has awarded almost $1.2 billion in grants to local governments, reducing property taxes and making clean water projects a reality. Every Long Island Sound Shore community in Westchester has been awarded funding from the program I initiated. The program has been a great success, awarding $416 million statewide in 2019 alone.
- A new program I initiated was just included in the recently passed state budget, a Stormwater Grant program for at least $100 million, which was added to Governor Cuomo’s environmental bond act proposal. Both grant programs are vital in helping local governments fund required water infrastructure projects.
- An outstanding record in successful passage of legislation, in recent years passing a majority of my prime sponsored bills, a rarity among legislators. In 2019 both houses of the legislature passed 13 out of my 14 sponsored bills.
I have passed statewide bills protecting children, safeguarding animals and protecting consumers from deceptive marketing practices and violations of do-not-call registry rules. I also passed landmark criminal justice legislation to help solve missing persons cases.
In 2018 I sponsored Lulu and Leo’s Law, which established a legal duty for individuals to be accurate when presenting credentials or references to be hired as an at-home caregiver of a child. The law was named for Lulu and Leo Krim who were murdered in 2012 at the hands of their nanny who falsified her credentials and lack of previous experience caring for children.
In 2019 I passed important legislation to guarantee that commercial tenants, often small businesses, cannot have their leases unilaterally terminated without access to the courts.
My staff and I are completely dedicated to constituent service. We are currently providing full-time assistance addressing the countless issues facing individuals, nursing homes, local government, school districts and businesses affected by the Covid-19 crisis.
In addition to strong support within the Democratic Party, I have been endorsed by the Independence and Working Family Party lines.
By every measure I have been a hardworking, effective and accessible state legislator. I would be honored to continue that service and continue delivering results for the Sound Shore communities I represent.”
Sierra Club of New York Announces “Early Endorsement” of Assemblyman Steve Otis - June 14, 2020
Early Voting Starts June 13th - June 10, 2020
Hudson Valley Stonewall Democrats Endorse Assemblyman Steve Otis - June 3, 2020
Statement of Assemblyman Steve Otis - June 2, 2020
Hispanic Democrats of Westchester Endorse Assemblyman Steve Otis - May 29, 2020
New York League of Conservation Voters Endorses Assemblyman Steve Otis - May 22, 2020